[CentOS] slow usb hard disk performance.

Joshua Baker-LePain jlb17 at duke.edu
Mon Dec 5 22:07:33 UTC 2005

On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 at 2:04pm, Bryan J. Smith wrote

> Again, I think this is more about the lack of a good, unified
> open source system of disk-to-disk backup with tape
> export/import.  Too many systems are either disk-only or
> tape-only (with only disk as buffer in the best case, not
> multi-volume/multi-backup management).

Amanda can easily be run in a backup-to-disk-only mode.  And it'd be
trivial to manually tape some of those images for off-site storage.  Doing
that within amanda (i.e. backup-to-tape while also leaving images on disk)
is a feature folks have talked about.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering