[CentOS] Re: Planning Mail Server (with low resources)

Chris L. Franklin cfranklin at nomadcf.com
Tue Dec 6 16:45:52 UTC 2005

IMHO, I'd go with XMail (http://www.xmailserver.org). It's the easy'est
to setup and maintain. all virtual accounts. and it's all contained in 1
directory for easy backup/restore and portability (it can also run under
windows).

I've used :
Postfix (although simple to setup with system accounts, I found it to be
more complicated then it needed to be.).
Qmail (as long as you take the qtoaster route it's a simple thing to
setup. as long you do what the guides tell you. And using with tools
like qmailadmin it's the simplest to maintain)
Sendmail (well this dog of a mail server it just over complicated  all
the way around.)
XMail (by far the simplest, smallest, and most  versatile gpl mail
system out there).

and as far as imap / pop3 server go I always use dovecot. really for the
same reason I use Xmail, it's simple,small and fast !

--

-- Chris L. Franklin --

This email was scanned by the server at NomadCF.com, And has been deemed
clean of invaild and or dangerous email attachment type and virus'.

Although this is by no means a guarantee.