[CentOS] OpenLDAP to FDS 7.1

Bowie Bailey Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Tue Dec 6 19:16:19 UTC 2005

From: Craig White [mailto:craigwhite at azapple.com]

> On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 12:56 -0500, Bowie Bailey wrote:
> > I am intending to test FDS 7.1 for our LDAP database.  We have a
> > custom schema currently set up with OpenLDAP.  I am looking for a
> > script ton convert those schema files to the FDS LDIF format.  I
> > could have sworn someone posted a link in the previous LDAP
> > thread, but I can't find it now.
> >
> > If anyone has that script, I would appreciate a pointer.
> ----
> http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Howto:OpenLDAPMigration
>
> just for reference - they are actually calling it
>
> Fedora Directory Server 1.0

Perfect!  I knew it was either on the list or on the site somewhere,
but I couldn't find it anywhere.

The current version is Fedora Directory Server 1.0, but that's not the
version I'm installing.  I'm installing the older one which is called
Fedora Directory Server 7.1.

I'm not sure where the logic is in releasing a newer product with a
lower version number...

Bowie