using Cyrus was Re: [CentOS] Re: Planning Mail Server (with low resources)

Aleksandar Milivojevic alex at milivojevic.org
Wed Dec 7 07:45:35 UTC 2005

Feizhou wrote:

> What does one do when the indexes for a mailbox gets hosed? I know of
> one person who used cyrus and when it got hosed, he came running to me
> to get him a mail system up and running pronto.

You reconstruct them.  There's command that does that, you know.  I'd
suggest reading man reconstruct.

While we are at it, it might be good practice to change all *db options
in /etc/imapd.conf from Berkely DB to skiplist prior to starting Cyrus
for the first time.  Something like:

annotation_db: skiplist
duplicate_db: skiplist
mboxlist_db: skiplist