[CentOS] Re: [users] CentOS 4.2 dag repo problem.

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Wed Dec 7 11:28:07 UTC 2005

On Wed, 7 Dec 2005, Ralph Angenendt wrote:

> Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> > | [root at forge dag]# gunzip -c repodata/primary.xml.gz \
> > | sha1sum: WARNING: 22 of 2910 computed checksums did NOT match
>
> | [root at forge dag]# grep -v "OK$" rpms.txt
> | [root at forge dag]#
>
> What was it now?

createrepo checksum cache corruption bug :-(
(See the createrepo -c command)

So it only affected new-yum style metadata (also called repomd).
And that's why subsequent runs to create new metadata all failed.

(up2date, smart, apt and old-yum were not affected)

> Ah yes, thanks for repairing it :)

You're welcome. Sorry it took so long.

Kind regards,