using Cyrus was Re: [CentOS] Re: Planning Mail Server (with low resources)

Aleksandar Milivojevic alex at milivojevic.org
Wed Dec 7 15:48:55 UTC 2005

Quoting Feizhou <feizhou at graffiti.net>:

> Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:
>> Feizhou wrote:
>>
>> annotation_db: skiplist
>> duplicate_db: skiplist
>> mboxlist_db: skiplist
>> ptscache_db: skiplist
>> quota_db: skiplist
>> seenstate_db: skiplist
>> subscription_db: skiplist
>> tlscache_db: skiplist
>
> I don't mean to turn this into a cyrus tutorial thread but since
> cyrus is what is bundled...
>
> What does this do?

The above is list of various indexes/databases cyrus keeps.  Berkeley
DB format
proved to be troublesome in the past.  My guess is that your friend used
Berkeley DB for mboxlist_db.  Default in CentOS is to use skiplist for some of
them, Berkeley DB for others, and flat files for the rest.  The above simply
instructs Cyrus to use skiplist for all of them.