using Cyrus was Re: [CentOS] Re: Planning Mail Server (with low resources)

Aleksandar Milivojevic alex at milivojevic.org
Wed Dec 7 17:35:16 UTC 2005

Quoting Feizhou <feizhou at graffiti.net>:

> SAN != NFS. SAN's provide multiple paths to the data where data is
> mirrored across different disks and accessible through more than on
> channel.

I know what is SAN.  I wrote 'SAN or NFS' since you also mentioned both
solutions as posibility.  Anyhow, SAN does not mean data mirroring (you can
have things like JBOD or RAID-0 on SAN too, but not common
configuration). Accessibility through multiple paths is optional
feature that adds to
complexity and costs additional $$$.

Typing this, what does this have with the topic of using Cyrus?  It's the
storage.  Cyrus will work with SAN as happy as it will work with local drives.