using Cyrus was Re: [CentOS] Re: Planning Mail Server (with low resources)

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 17:43:27 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-07 at 09:27, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> And anyway, i dont understand the logic behind 'Courier is easier than a
> yum install cyrusimapd'. Specially since Courier is neither in the
> distro, nor provided by any stable maintained repository for EL4. So you
> are pretty much on your own 'aka LFS style'. Maybe on a different distro
> the story would be different - but on CentOS, I dont think so.

On Centos the other reasonable choice would be to configure procmail to
default to deliver in maildir format (should work for either sendmail or
postfix) and Dovecot to expect that format, and use authconfig/pam to
authenticate however you want.  I think you'd have to create the
home directories ahead of time though, and delete them when the account
goes away.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com