[CentOS] perl module

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at rogers.com
Fri Dec 9 21:54:17 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-12 at 07:41 -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:
> That just makes it a private problem.  The solution is to get
> official packages for all the needed modules.  What is
> the process for that?  If you use fastcgi, the stock apache,
> perl, and mysql on Centos4 work fine.

I don't find installing Perl modules from cpan to be so bad.  Been doing
this for RT since FC1 all the way up to FC3, and now CentOS.  We've
never had an issue.  I'm not saying that it wouldn't be a problem for
other people, but simply that for us it's been great.

I agree that a nice RPM install is ideal.  But, it's going to take a lot
of work to package all the Perl dependencies. Most people's time would
probably be spent elsewhere.

Regards,

Ranbir
--