[CentOS] mysqld service

Craig White

craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue Dec 13 23:33:00 UTC 2005

CentOS 4.2

[root at srv1 certs]# service mysqld start
Timeout error occurred trying to start MySQL Daemon.
Starting MySQL:                                            [FAILED]
[root at srv1 certs]# rm -fr /var/lib/mysql/*
[root at srv1 certs]# service mysqld start
Initializing MySQL database:                               [  OK  ]
Timeout error occurred trying to start MySQL Daemon.
Starting MySQL:                                            [FAILED]

I note that I now have some more <defunct> (zombie) chvt processes

WTF?

Craig