[CentOS] oom-killer.

William A. Mahaffey III wam at HiWAAY.net
Wed Dec 14 14:49:13 UTC 2005

William Warren wrote:

> set swappiness to zero.  That will force the machine to use all
> physical ram before swapping for the most part.  Also i have heard
> that xorg has a memory leak.  I do not know if that has been addressed
> yet and that could be the cause of your issue.

Could you elaborate on that (swappiness) just a bit :-) ? Is this a
generic Linux setting, or RH/CentOS specific ? TIA

A memory leak *WOULD* cause this kind of thing. SGI had such a problem a
few years back in some version or other of their (released) IRIX OS, &
X.org just got back into the game, so that's fairly plausible as well.

--
	William A. Mahaffey III