[CentOS] Horde domxml dependency problem

Greg Swallow - SkyNet gregswallow at skynetonline.ca
Wed Dec 14 19:01:36 UTC 2005

Johnny Hughes wrote:
> You need to follow the instructions here to upgrade/install some pear
> modules:
> http://www.horde.org/horde/docs/?f=INSTALL.html

Making the required pear module rpms (and making them dependencies of the
appropriate Horde rpms) would be a good idea maybe.  Using 'pear install',
and 'pear upgrade' is a sure way to overwrite files from the php-pear rpm.
Another reason would be to have a consistent environment for users of the
new Centos supplied Horde rpms.  The versions available from 'pear install
xxx' change frequently, are not always stable, and lately apparently prompt
you to upgrade pear itself to install additional modules.

I believe all that _needs_ to be installed or updated for Horde, Imp, Turba
and Ingo are the date, db, file, log, mail, and mail_mime modules.  There
are others needed for the other applications, and others needed to use
certain features like the Weather block in Horde.

I'm not sure if Fedora/Redhat have any guidelines for making rpms of pear
modules, but the source rpms we use for SME Server are here if you're
interested - (pear-db, pear-file, etc):
http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/e-smith/devel/repo/SRPMS/

And to answer the original poster question, there's a php-domxml rpm you can
install with 'yum install php-domxml' - you do need that, particularly for
the Horde administration/Configuration to work.

Greg