[CentOS] Strange install problem

John Newbigin

jnewbigin at ict.swin.edu.au
Wed Dec 14 22:48:05 UTC 2005

I am having a problem with CentOS-4.1 & CentOS-4.2 network installs.
Before I file a bug, I was wondering if someone could test it on RHEL4
and see if it is a CentOS or RHEL bug.

The problem is this.  I am PXE booting into anaconda and loading a basic
kickstart file via http.  The kiskstart justs sets up the network &
keyboard but does not start any install.  I can then configure the
install using anaconda.  I used this fine with CentOS-3.

However, in CentOS-4, if I use the graphical (X11) install, I can only
select the minimal group of packages.  If I do a text based install, I
can select all packages.  Normally it is the text mode install which is
lacking so I assume this is a bug.

More info is available from my original post
http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2005-September/012155.html

John.

--
John Newbigin