[CentOS] How to select a motherboard

Feizhou feizhou at graffiti.net
Thu Dec 15 14:56:53 UTC 2005

Maciej Żenczykowski wrote:
> I'd suggest going for an Athlon 64... lol

Well, the OP probably is stuck with a processor capable of frying
eggs...which is not possible with your suggestion. My colleagues take
their sweaters/warmers off due to the Dell cum heater box besides their
feet in the office.

an Intel chipset motherboard seems to be the safest bet. Say no to VIA.
(warning: biased opinion from a Chinese guy who has been burnt too many
times by chipsets from said Taiwanese company in both consumer and
server boards and therefore has not tried any of the latest chipsets
from said company)