[CentOS] How to select a motherboard

David Fletcher centos at fletchersweb.net
Thu Dec 15 14:59:18 UTC 2005

I've only put CentOS onto a fanless mini ATX board with an Eden chip on it,
which works fine. But I have installed Fedora onto three home built units
with genuine Intel motherboards, model D865PERL, with Seagate SATA drives,
which have given me no trouble at all.

You won't be able to buy this motherboard any more I don't think although
there might still be some ten packs available.

My suggestion would be to look for something similar to this board but with
the newer processor socket. If you go to intel.com and enter the model number
you will get the full spec. there with BIOS updates and everything else you
need to know.

Hope I've helped.

Dave Fletcher

--