[CentOS] How to select a motherboard -- Socket-754 nVidia C51/NV44 is best bang/buck

William A. Mahaffey III wam at HiWAAY.net
Thu Dec 15 23:16:59 UTC 2005

Bryan J. Smith wrote:

>Todd Cary <todd at aristesoftware.com> wrote:
>

>>I forgot to add that performance is not an issue since this
>>server is used for testing PHP code,  FTPing applications
>>

>via
>

>>DSL to my clients and viewing photos.
>>http://209.204.172.137/rotary/
>>

>Oh, in that case, nVidia C51/NV44 is excellent in the entry
>Socket-754 platform.
>
>I've just assembled in some $57 ASRock K8NF4G-SATA2
>mainboards with $75 Sempron 64 2800+ (latest Rev. E/SSE3)
>CUPs.  You can't beat the combo for the price, especially
>since you don't have to add a thing (NV44 integrated video,
>2xSATA, 2xATA, 8USB2.0, ALC850 7.1, etc...).

Where did you get the Sempron-64's ? I thought only HP/IBM/etc had
access to those ....

--
	William A. Mahaffey III
	Remember, ignorance is bliss, but