[CentOS] usb error when using Belkin 2-port KVM switch F1DL102U

Ron Jones

ron.jones at rej.us
Fri Dec 16 02:39:08 UTC 2005

I've chased all over google and haven't come to any satisfactory
resolution on this...

today, I installed a Belkin 2-port KVM switch (with audio support &
built in cabling) for my CentOS 4.2 server AND my Windows XP desktop.
Now, the mouse (a USB mouse) does not work on the Linux box.  However,
it WILL work if I plug it directly into the CentOS box.

if I switch over to the CentOS 4 interface, before I startx, I see a
display on the screen that consists of the following output:

"drivers/usb/input/mid-core.c: input irq status -84 received" (minus the
quotes)

This message is repeated every few moments.

Has anyone seen/heard of something like this before?

Thanks,
Ron Jones
Alpharetta, GA