[CentOS] How to select a motherboard

Aleksandar Milivojevic alex at milivojevic.org
Fri Dec 16 03:55:17 UTC 2005

Todd Cary wrote:

> This is for a "light weight server" that is connected to DSL and just
> affords my clients the advantage of downloading daily applications I
> maintain via FTP.  Also, my "photo clients" view my "digital proof
> sheets"...very light weight stuff.

Go to SuperMicro and choose some cheaper server board.  You'll get
on-board video, on-board dual ehternet, and couple of PCI slots.  Note
that some of those don't have AGP slot (after all, they are server
motherboards, not likely that anybody would plug fast and expensive 3D
graphcis card into them).  They tend to simply work, and work well.