[CentOS] Kernel 2.4 and Centos4

Maciej Żenczykowski maze at cela.pl
Fri Dec 16 14:57:31 UTC 2005

> CentOS 4 is quite dependent upon 2.6 kernels.  Is using CentOS 3 not an
> option?  CentOS 3 uses a 2.4 kernel that could take the openmosix patch.

Well, the head node is already fully configured with Centos4.  I
figured changing the kernel would be a lot lot easier than replacing the
entire OS  and reconfiguring everything (configuration being the
result of over a years work...)

> However, there is a 2.6 openMosix, but it's only available in CVS right now.
> There are bootable openMosix floppies for instant clusters, as well.  Cool
> stuff.

Yes, I know, however this doesn't _seem_ to be quite production use yet.
I probably will try to port the RH patches (if any are even needed) to
kernel 2.6.14.4 and then apply openmosix 2.6 on top of that.  We'll see
when I have the time for this and if it's even possible.

Thanks,
MaZe.