[CentOS] [Solved] Compilation problem - CentOS 4.2 - x86_64

kadafax kadafax at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 19:07:44 UTC 2005

Vanja Hrustic wrote:

>On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 11:25:14 +0100
>kadafax <kadafax at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>I believe the problem comes from the mixed libraries living on
>>the system (x86_64 and, for compatibility purpose, i386) and I didn't
>>find a workaround on this. I'm near to switch to dovecot if it can
>>handle quite large amount of users (500-1000 accounts). That would be
>>bad because I think courier-imap is well doing its job. By the way,
>>someone tolds me that courier-imap and RHEL4 (and clones) is a bad
>>idea, someone can confirm?
>>So:
>>

>Do you have libstdc++-devel package installed?
>
>Vanja

yes, everything was there; maybe too much since the i386 versions were
there too.
As a result I restarted from the beginning, avoiding mixing arch (and
that was not simple, ex: the server is a dell 2850 and their server's
management tools are i386 only -weird-). I did encounter some problems
for rpmbuild-ing the courier-authlib and courier-imap, I've posted some
workaround in the courier-imap's mailing list. Really, I have the
impression that courier-IMAP is badly supported on RHEL.
kfx.