[CentOS] Install problems for a Toshiba NW24XCD

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Sun Dec 18 04:51:18 UTC 2005

Some more info on the CDrom drive.  I found the 'User Manual' and the specssay:

DRIVE TYPE : ATAPI CD-ROM 24X MAX
INTERFACE : PC card 2.1 Type II or Type III
OPERATING SYSTEM DRIVERS : DOS, Windows 95, Windows 98 & Windows NT

And in the Win98 install instructions there is the text:

There should be now two new entries in the list of devices displayed
by the Device
Manager, one under the heading 'CDROM' which shows the model of CDROM
laser drive
(e.g. TEAC CDROM xxxx) and another entry under 'Hard Drives' with the
name of the
device driver 'Standard ESDI/IDE driver'. In most cases, there will
be two such entries,
one for the internal IDE hard drive and a second for the NW24XCD
drive (the same driver
is used for the internal hard drives and the NW24XCD).