[CentOS] Where is the kernel source code???

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 20:41:06 UTC 2005

On 12/18/05, lnthai2002 at aim.com <lnthai2002 at aim.com> wrote:
> I have centOS 4 installed on my machine but some how it does not
> support my TV capture card (bt878) in the kernel, so i want to
> recompile the kernel to add support for my device. However, i cant find
> centOS 4  kernel source code. I have read some messages in the mailing
> list and someone said that i just need to
> yum install kernel-sourcecode
> to get the source code, i did it but i yum reported that there is no
> package matched. Please help

Long complicated answer: you'd need to get the src rpm, edit the
.config used to add support for the driver, rebuild the rpm.... etc.

Short and easy answer "yum --enablerepo install kernel"

The stock kernel matches what the upstream vendor provides. The
unsupported kernel in the centosplus repository has a few more drivers
built in, including bt878 support for compliant video capture/tv tuner
cards.

--
Jim Perrin
System Architect - UIT