[CentOS] Belkin F5D6050 USB Wireless in CentOS 4.2

Rick Philbrick rickphilbrick at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 06:46:08 UTC 2005

On 12/18/05, Barry Brimer <barry.brimer at bigfoot.com> wrote:

> Is anyone successfully using a Belkin F5D6050 USB Wireless in CentOS
> 4.2?  If so, what driver are you using?  Did you have to do anything
> special to make it work?  At this point, I have downloaded, compiled
> installed and loaded the latest drivers from
> http://atmelwlandriver.sourceforge.net but lvnet is unable to find my
> adapter.  I've tried every driver module that it created, and still no
> luck.  Any tips, info or hints would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Barry

Hi,

Well there's another driver for the atmel based devices.  Try to find out
what chip is in that thing.   Here's the link to the driver site
http://at76c503a.berlios.de/

You'll have to compile it against your kernel source I believe.  I use a few
atmel based wi-fi usb cards using the above driver just fine on other linux
boxes.  I just haven't used it on a CentOS box.

Good luck-

Rickp