[CentOS] Installing CentOS via HTTP

Bassett, Mark Mark.Bassett at owh.com
Mon Dec 19 15:22:03 UTC 2005

To do a HTTP install you need a mounted ISO image.  What we have set up
here is a yam repository to do all our updating plus installations.

http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/yam/

It works great for us and cuts down on internet traffic.  Our yam box
syncs off a centos mirror and we pull all our updates from the local
repository.

Hope this helps.