[CentOS] Compaq V2000 laptop no USB recognized

Bryan J. Smith thebs413 at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 20 03:39:37 UTC 2005

Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com> wrote:
> Interesting thing is lookin at dmesg says lines like:
> ehci_hcd requesing interrupt 23 failed
> ACPI -> GSI IRQ 23
> uhci_hcd requesting interrupt 19 failed
> ACPI -> GSI 19 IRQ 19

Oh yeah, that's your problem right there.

Hmmm, I've gotta apologize, I just haven't messed with enough
Intel chipsets in a long, long time.  I've switched away from
the legacy GTL+ non-sense to AMD's completely virtualized bus
over EV6/HyperTransport and haven't seen an IRQ issue ...
_ever_.

--
Bryan J. Smith     Professional, Technical Annoyance                      b.j.smith at ieee.org      http://thebs413.blogspot.com