[CentOS] Compaq V2000 laptop no USB recognized

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Tue Dec 20 03:46:21 UTC 2005

>/ Interesting thing is lookin at dmesg says lines like:
/>/ ehci_hcd requesing interrupt 23 failed
/>/ ACPI -> GSI IRQ 23
/>/ uhci_hcd requesting interrupt 19 failed
/>/ ACPI -> GSI 19 IRQ 19
/
Oh yeah, that's your problem right there.

Hmmm, I've gotta apologize, I just haven't messed with enough
Intel chipsets in a long, long time.  I've switched away from
the legacy GTL+ non-sense to AMD's completely virtualized bus
over EV6/HyperTransport and haven't seen an IRQ issue ...
_ever_.

I've not had interrupt conflicts since I left ISA!!!!

What do I do now???

I tried adding noapic to the grub.conf line had no effect...

I tried looking in the bios - nothing...

THanks,

Jerry