[CentOS] Install from a USB CDrom?

Robert Moskowitz

rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Dec 21 14:18:12 UTC 2005

OK, this is getting ridiculous.

A relatively new HP NC4010 (1 year old).  A maybe not the newest
Storix USB CD/R-DVD drive.

Of course the HP has no problem booting up off the CDrom.  But then I
get that blasted dialog of where are my install.

So I go through the list and find a USB storage driver.

It doesn't help.

I do have a USB 2.5" drive case that I can put a drive in with the
CDs on, but is it worth the effort?  Will the install recognize that?

Does anyone know were to point me to info on how to get the install
to get things like PCMCIA and USB drivers installed initially?