[CentOS] which iso package for AMD Clawhammer 3700+ 64

rado rado at rivers-bend.com
Wed Dec 21 15:16:05 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-21 at 09:58 -0500, Chris Mauritz wrote:
> Rodrigo Barbosa wrote:

> >On Wed, Dec 21, 2005 at 08:36:34AM -0600, rado wrote:
> >

> >>Hi!
> >>
> >>In the next few days...maybe even this afternoon, I will be putting
> >>together a 64 w/the AMD Clawhammer 3700+ 64.
> >>

> > From what I can see, the best build for your Clawhammer (CG) processos
> >is indeed the x86_64 one.
> >

> Yep.  Though you can also install the 32-bit x86 distro in a pinch,
> can't ya?
>
> Cheers,

thx for your replies U2...appreciated ...so I am on the right track

kk...so it might be possible to install the 32 bit. But, ignorant as I
am on this and not in any pinch, I don't believe anyway. It seems that
if you have a 64 bit processor, the way to go is to install the 64 bit
on it to take advantage of the 64...

Seems to me that's the way it should work...If not, then I am way out of
bounds w/my thinking.

well, ya, 32bit should run on a 64...the proc just has to step down.
This is just IMHO tho.

thx

John Rose

When a man's around a woman wearing leather clothing, His heart starts
beating faster...get's weak knees...throat gets dry...thinks
irrationally because she smells like a new truck!