[CentOS] Re: Horde domxml dependency problem

Greg Swallow - SkyNet gregswallow at skynetonline.ca
Wed Dec 21 18:37:51 UTC 2005

Johnny Hughes wrote:
> If you use that method, what does this command show?
>
> pear list

Installed packages:
===================
Package        Version State
Archive_Tar    1.1     stable
Console_Getopt 1.2     stable
DB             1.6.2   stable
HTTP           1.2.2   stable
Mail           1.1.3   stable
Net_SMTP       1.2.3   stable
Net_Socket     1.0.1   stable
PEAR           1.3.2   stable
XML_Parser     1.0.1   stable
XML_RPC        1.1.0   stable

It shows just what is included in php-pear, as our addon rpm's don't
register themselves with pear.  But I don't believe they need to.  For
example, if I check horde's test.php page, it says I do have mail_mime
installed, but that's not shown in 'pear list'.  If I 'rpm -e
pear-mail_mime', restart apache and check again with Horde's test.php, it
says I don't have Mail_Mime installed.

I'd like to see proof as well that the ones that are duplicates are actually
using the newer version in pear-addons, but I have little doubt the newer
version is being used, as the rpms were made to fix (and did fix) bugs we
encountered.  I looked for some php documentation to say the first path in
the "include_path" setting overrides the second but didn't find any.  But if
you google for 'pear "include_path to override"', you'll see some remarks
that putting the additional path first works though.

Greg