[CentOS] This "find" command

rado rado at rivers-bend.com
Sat Dec 24 16:49:25 UTC 2005

find is giving me fits!

this command is really the heart of a backup script I am trying to get
going.

here's the line:

if find / -mtime -1 -type f | xargs clamscan -
l /var/log/clamav/clamscan-bu-daily.log $clamexcludes -r --no-summary |
cut -d: -f1 > /usr/local/bin/changedfilelog; then

and the clamexcludes:
clamexcludes="--exclude=/sys/bus/pci/drivers --exclude=/proc --
exclude=/sys/class/scsi_host --exclude=/usr/share/doc/clamav-0.87 --
exclude=/usr/lib/mailman/tests/msgs "

kk ...when it's all over...I have to have /var/log/clamav/clamscan-bu-
daily.log to be w/out FOUND or ERROR words anywhere. if either of these
words are in that file, the system will not back up but instead, email
me.

the immediate problem is...no matter what I try, the find command does
not perform as I want.

the file seems to load up like 280,000 files which seems like the total
system etc.

thx

John Rose