[CentOS] RPM conflicts - help!

Maciej Żenczykowski maze at cela.pl
Tue Dec 27 22:20:17 UTC 2005

Hmm, that looks like a rebuild of the php-pqsql package might be necessary
(get the php.src.rpm package and rpmbuild --rebuild php.src.rpm it, and
install the php-pqsql package that generates)

???

MaZe.

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005, Benjamin Smith wrote:

>> We have a pgslq 8.x in the dev.centos.org site ... you might try that:
>> http://dev.centos.org/centos/4/testing/x86_64/RPMS/
>
> I tried using the dev Postgres RPMS, and am still running into the same
> issues. I did this on an x86 system, since the x86_64 is currently partially
> in production, to see if it could/would work.
>
> I tried:
> 1) yum remove `rpm -qa | grep postg`; # This removed php-pgsql due to
> dependencies
>
> 2) wget all the PG 8.x RPMS from Centos dev.
>
> 3) rpm -Uvh postg*
>
> 4) yum install php-pgsql; # returns an error pasted below:
> Resolving Dependencies
> --> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
> ---> Package php-pgsql.i386 0:4.3.9-3.9 set to be updated
> --> Running transaction check
> --> Processing Dependency: libpq.so.3 for package: php-pgsql
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Error: Missing Dependency: libpq.so.3 is needed by package php-pgsql
>
> Back to square one. Ideas?
>
> -Ben
> On Monday 26 December 2005 12:48, Johnny Hughes wrote:
>> On Mon, 2005-12-26 at 10:33 -0800, Benjamin Smith wrote:
>>> I'm building a database/application server with a Dual-Opteron 64 bit
> system.
>>>
>>> I need to run PHP4, Apache, and Postgres 8.1, but I'm having conflicts
> with
>>> Postgres 8.1 and PHP 4 that comes with CentOS.
>>>
>>> History:
>>> 1) I installed Apache and PHP with yum.
>>> 2) I then installed PostgreSQL 8.1 RPMs from the PG website.