[CentOS] A new bitorrent record?

Chris Mauritz

chrism at imntv.com
Thu Dec 29 03:30:32 UTC 2005

One of our interns had to run down to the datacenter today and rescue an
ailing 4.2 machine and the decision was made to just do a fresh install
and restore a backup from last night.  The only problem was that she had
forgotten the 4.2 DVD in the office, a 2 hour drive back and forth.  So
I suggested she fire up her notebook which has a DVD burner and download
the DVD via bitorrent instead.  So she plugged her notebook in to a free
port on our core switch and had the entire DVD downloaded in under 20
minutes.  Yow!!!

So I thought I'd offer a big thanks to those of you who keep the ISO
available for download.

Cheers,