[CentOS] cyrus idled not in the cyrus-imapd rpm?

sophana sophana at zizi.ath.cx
Fri Dec 30 13:19:53 UTC 2005

Johnny Hughes wrote:

>On Fri, 2005-12-30 at 10:19 +0100, sophana wrote:
>

>That I am not sure about ... taking a look, I found this in the change
>log:
>
>-----------------------------------
>Mon Nov 25 13:00:00 2002 Simon Matter
>- changed default build option for IDLED to off
>- included some useful info in README.*
>
>Thu Nov 21 13:00:00 2002 Simon Matter
>- added build time option for IDLED, thank you Roland Pope
>-----------------------------------
>
>SO ... that decision is upstream of RedHat as well (as to IDLED being
>not enabled in the default build).  I can't find any reason why it is
>that way, as far as negative issues are concerned.

I googled a bit and found that it has been rechanged in jan 2005 to ON
in fedora core. It seems that the rhel4 cyrus package does only have one
update since mid 2004.
I will try the latest source rpm from invoca.ch. It seems that it has
interesting changes...
http://www.invoca.ch/pub/packages/cyrus-imapd/cyrus-imapd-2.2.12-15.src.rpm

* Thu Jan 6 2005 Simon Matter
- changed default build option for IDLED to on