[CentOS] weird problem with outgoing connections

Matt Hyclak hyclak at math.ohiou.edu
Fri Dec 30 15:27:29 UTC 2005

On Fri, Dec 30, 2005 at 08:10:07AM -0500, Roger D Vargas enlightened us:
> Jim Perrin wrote:
> >There was an iptables parameter that changed from the 2.4/centos3 days
> >to the 2.6/centos4 days. For the life of me I can't remember what it
> >was now, but Matt Hyclak or someone else is probably more familiar
> >with it than I am. If it was a custom ruleset brought whole from a 2.4
> >based machine, I'd guess(having nothing else to go on) that it might
> >be your issue.
> Well, I started writing that scrip in the age of 2.4, but worked fine
> under 2.6 (I migrated from Fedora 2, that has a 2.6 kernel)

The parameter Jim is referring to is most likely the handling of which
physical interface the packet arrived on (-m physdev in 2.6, -i/-o in 2.4 I
think). That is unlikely to be the problem.

As was stated earlier, without giving more specifics, it is unlikely anyone
will be able to help.

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak