[CentOS] RPM conflicts - help!

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Sat Dec 31 03:49:50 UTC 2005

On Friday 30 December 2005 16:16, Jim Perrin wrote:
> Technically all you needed were the compat libs. There isn't much
> difference between the centos rpms and the pg rpms. You'll see Lamar's
> name plastered all over both sets I'm sure. :-P

Indeed.  This is a two-edged sword, mind you (as I'm sure all the CentOS
developers have also found out the hard way....celebrity, even geekdom
celebrity, has significant downsides!).  Not so much since the 8.0 set,
though, as I passed the release mechanic torch to Devrim after 7.4; the
CentOS 4 base 7.4 set, on the other hand...and I may be more involved in the
8.2 cycle than in the last two.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology