[CentOS] Linking against a specific Berkeley DB install

Thu Dec 1 16:19:02 UTC 2005
Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com>

I sent this question to the OpenLDAP list yesterday, but I still haven't
seen the message come across the list.  I am asking here in the hopes of
getting a faster response.

I am trying to compile OpenLDAP 2.3.11 from source on CentOS4.  I have the
rpm for db4-4.2.52-7.1 installed and also a source build of BerkeleyDB in
/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.4.

How do I get OpenLDAP to link with the bdb 4.4?

I have put the library locataion everywhere I can think of:

    LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.4/lib
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.4/lib
    LD_RUN_PATH=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.4/lib

Still, the configure seems to link with the 4.2 rpm build:

    checking db.h usability... yes
    checking db.h presence... yes
    checking for db.h... yes
    checking for Berkeley DB link (default)... no
    checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb43)... no
    checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-43)... no
    checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-4.3)... no
    checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-4-3)... no
    checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb42)... no
    checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-42)... no
    checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-4.2)... yes
    checking for Berkeley DB version match... yes
    checking for Berkeley DB thread support... yes
    checking Berkeley DB version for BDB/HDB backends... yes

Any suggestions?

Bowie