[CentOS] CentOS on Xen question (Xen Hosting)

Thu Dec 1 11:29:25 UTC 2005
Sanjay Arora <sanjay.k.arora at gmail.com>

I am considering getting a Xen based virtual server for providing static
web-site, secondary MX & DNS. Pros & Cons? anyone?

Minimal install from the centos server CD (centos will be the guest OS)
with Apache, Selinux, Iptables, qmail, spamassasin, djbdns, clam, mysql,
postgreSQL & INN. Any install issues?

What should be the HDD & RAM requirement, in addition to my database
size & say 10 GB for mail?

Also, how much bandwidth saving can I get with say 10 MB mail (from
mailing lists) and script to compress and get it by rsync?

Secondly, is it possible to compress news server feed & batch download
in compressed format, reliably. I am trying to save on extra bandwidth
costs here in India.

Also, can someone recommend and Xen Virtual host provider on my direct
email address...anyone who is small & can do a bit of hand-holding
initially...without a big dollar denominated bill ;-) Small shoestring
budget..a very very small shoestring ;-)

With best regards.