[CentOS] CentOS 4.2 clean install -- can't print to officejet k60

Sat Dec 3 21:34:29 UTC 2005
Richard Hubbell <richard.hubbell at gmail.com>

Hello all,

I have a new disk and installed CentOS there but I am unable to print.
I thought the printer was having troubles because from the
/var/log/cups/error_log everything
appears to be working.  The printer is not printing however.  I
attached the printer to a windoze 98 box and I could print fine.  I
had printing on my previous system(FC3) but this isn't working.
If I can't print then  I am dead in the water.  From what I've read
there are some contradictions
the docs say that hpijs works with USB (and I think that's what FC3
used) but other docs say to use hpojs, but I don't see that in CentOS.
 I'm using KDE and the printer was config'd after the install
completed.   I turned on all the cups debugging.  What other things
can I try? Are there some raw commands I can send to the printer via
echo or something like that?  Is there a safe way to install hpojs on
CentOS?

Thanks.