[CentOS] SMB server with CentOS 4

Mon Dec 5 23:10:19 UTC 2005
Ugo Bellavance <ugob at camo-route.com>

Hi,

	I need to set up a small server for a group of ~10 employees (all using
Windows 2000/XP, used to use a windows 2000/exchange setup).  I have a
linux server already running CentOS 4, so I'd like to do all I can with
this.  I thought about using Samba for file/print sharing and
OpenXchange (commercial version) to have a nice
collaborative/mail/calendar/etc server.  Of course, it would probably be
the dhcp and internal DNS server.

	I started reading the Samba doc, but it is rather long.  I planned on
using this server as a PDC so that it is not too different from using
their former windows 2000 server.  I'll be managing this server, which
is currently a staging server for web development (php/mysql/cvs).

Anyone has a opinion on this, or better ideas?  My backups will be based
on utilities and mondorescue, kept on a internal (cold-swap drawer)
hard-drive that I would take every week (2-drawers rotation).

Any recommendations welcome,  will provide more details if needed.

TIA,
--
Ugo

irrelevant parts in your replies.