[CentOS] Install Successes!

Thu Dec 22 04:54:30 UTC 2005

The CentOS drive for the HP NC4010 is built.  I just needed to use
external instead of USB power for my USB CDrom.  Go figure...

I did this in my hotel room, where they only have wireless.  I went
down to the 'business center' and used an ethernet drop, but I don't
think the registration worked.  I didn't know that even for the
ehternet drops you have to do that portal thing with your
browser.  How do I determine if the registration was completed.

Now I am making headway, finally, on the Toshiba Portege 3490.

I was having TERRIBLE timing problems with the multiport extender.

Then I decided to THINK, and went into BIOS, changed the PCMCIA to 16
bit cardbus, and the install is proceeding well.  I have my 3COM 574
LAN card in so that the install will do the network installs.  And
the desk gave me a WET11 so I will have an ethernet drop in the room,
but I have to do the browser thing before I can register....

Next I have to get the wireless working on both the HP and
Toshiba.  The HP has an internal Intel wireless card.  For the
Toshiba I have LOTS of wireless PCMCIA cards from all sorts of vendors.

So getting a bit ahead of myself:

How do I proceed with the wireless networking install.  Also WPA
support with both 802.1X and PSK.

Illegitimi non Carborundum