[CentOS] list of kernel patches --- where?

Thu Dec 1 14:27:26 UTC 2005

Brian T. Brunner wrote:
> Traditionally, I've needed to compile my own kernel for my embedded headless systems.
> Traditionally, I've been on  RH7.3; kernel source came with the distro.
>
> Now I'm looking at Centos 4.2 as my base, and two question arise
>
> 1: Where is the kernel source (I can hunt it down again, just wanting to know if anybody has a link to it they can paste please)

http://mirrror.centos.org/centos/4/os/SRPMS/
the complete kernel code for that release time kernel would be there, if
and when kernel images are released, the src.rpm's will show up at
http://mirrror.centos.org/centos/4/updates/SRPMS/

the present latest released kernel is 2.6.9-22.0.1 ( for CentOS4 )
released as an update.

> 2: What are the patches applied to 2.6.9 to generate 2.6.9-22.EL by the package builder?

Grab the src.rpm for the kernel, extract that - the entire patch set is
available inside. Might be worth looking through the .SPEC file as well,
to work out order in which they are applied and other comments the
developers might have left behind.

- K