[CentOS] why was LILO removed from centOS 4.2?

Thu Dec 1 16:13:54 UTC 2005
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 10:00, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> > Probably the LILO RPM missing on the CD.  If you rebuild CD image with
> > LILO RPM
> > included, it might work.
> >

> if you can verify this, could you file this as an issue at
> http://bugs.centos.org/ - I'll make sure the situation is rectified in
> time for ServerCD 4.3

Has anyone looked at what SMEserver v7 (the Centos4 based one)
does?  It not only installs on raid by default, it creates
a 'broken' RAID1 if you only have one drive so you can add
a mirror painlessly later.  I don't have a running system
right now to see if they put /boot on raid1 or if they
use lilo or grub.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com