[CentOS] access to httpd logs

Thu Dec 1 19:31:21 UTC 2005
Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>

James Pifer wrote on Thu, 01 Dec 2005 13:07:20 -0500:

> The problem is the logs are owned by root. How can I make them readable
> by this generic id without completely compromising security?

You can either change owner or make it readable to more than just root. I
don't see this as a security problem.

 Plus, as
> the logs rotate this id will still need access.

This can be accomodated with logrotate configuration if that is also
rotating your user's file which I don't know. Look in /etc/logrotate.d for
the apache file. You can change owner, chmod etc. in that file.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany