[CentOS] Tyan S2891 and CentOS -- Phoenix ServerBIOS

Fri Dec 2 17:23:52 UTC 2005
Bryan J. Smith <thebs413 at earthlink.net>

Maciej ¯enczykowski <maze at cela.pl> wrote:
> Any idea what the settings can actually change?

A crapload of things.  ;->

A20 control, memory mappings above 1M, 16M, 64M, 1G, 4G, PCI
bus control/mapping, ACPI features/defaults, etc..., etc...,
etc...

As someone who regularly had issues loading OS/2 and NT on
typical PC systems in the '90s, I quickly started to prefer
Phoenix BIOS over AMI or Award.

Tyan's use of Phoenix ServerBIOS is why I prefer them, and
they are very quick to deal with issues on new platforms --
of which Opteron quickly presented early on (regardless of
OEM ;-).