[CentOS] /var partition and recovery

Fri Dec 2 17:29:41 UTC 2005
Robert <roberth at abbacomm.net>

}
} Nope, not at all.
}
} I put /var in Extended, LVM and, if you can believe it, even
} LDM (yes, Windows "dynamic disk" disk label format ;-).
}
} I only avoid putting root (/) in anything but a primary
} partition for recoverability.  Even if I use a separate /boot
} (I rarely do -- I keep my root do only a few GBs max), I
} still like it outside of any compound disk label.
} Bryan J. Smith

thanks!

so then you dont care where the data is then re: these implementations as
_you know_ you will always be able to get back at it in "worst case" bad
backups scenario ???

im referring to

/home  or  /usr/local

or anywhere else there is data you really need or want to see?

what is the URL to your disk partition article on your blog again please?

also...

 - rh