[CentOS] slow responding firewall server

Fri Dec 2 22:40:05 UTC 2005
Peter Farrow <peter at farrows.org>

Hi there,

In my experience with 20Gig drives of this age on a machine of this age,
20Megs/sec is about what I would expect....

25% drop is a lot, but its ok....

I know I can force the CHS in fdisk but I don't like doing that, it
seems that only some machines have the BIOS issue, putting them on the
same channel *always* fixes this issue.....

Since the transfer tate of the interface (i.e. cache test)  is more than
10x the transfer rate of the disk, although not optimal by any stretch,
I don't really see a problem of having them on the same channel for this
application.

I should get the PIII board tomorrow, so I'll report back if it changes
anything!

whats the command line switch to do the sustained test for more than the
default number of seconds?

P.