[CentOS] Cron

Sun Dec 4 08:11:12 UTC 2005
Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>

On 12/4/05, Sam Drinkard <sam at wa4phy.net> wrote:
>  I have several crontabs running at various times of the day and night. All
> generate copious output.  All the jobs produce copious output, and some of
> them I need to see, while others are 's are just a pain in the butt to have
> t look at.     is there some method I can use to selectively monitor cron's
> output of the one's I want to, while ignoring the others?  Thanks...

Change the output of what you're running with redirects. Output the
stuff you don't care about to /dev/null and output the stuff you want
to an email or text file. The advanced bash scripting guide is good
for stuff like this. See
http://www.faqs.org/docs/abs/HTML/ioredirintro.html for details.

--
Jim Perrin