[CentOS] yum vs. Alert Notification Tool

Sun Dec 4 22:23:42 UTC 2005
Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>

On 12/4/05, Alfred von Campe <alfred at 110.net> wrote:
> I'm running CentOS 4.2 and my CentOS Network Alert Notification Tool
> has been "red" for over a week now.  It's telling me that there is one
> package available for update, namely shadow-utils-4.0.3-58.  However, a
> "yum update" tells me there are no updates available.  I've checked a
> few of the mirrors and they only appear to have shadow-utils-4.0.3-53.
> At first I thought the mirrors may be a little behind, but it's been
> over a week, so I think something else is going on.  Anyone else seen
> this?

Current shadow-utils is indeed at 4.0.3-58. The mirrors I've checked
all have the updated version in the updates directory. Where have you
been looking, are you behind a caching proxy, etc?

--
Jim Perrin
System Architect - UIT