[CentOS] CentOS and Dell Support

Mon Dec 5 00:38:55 UTC 2005
Bryan J. Smith <thebs413 at earthlink.net>

On Sun, 2005-12-04 at 17:27 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> as far as they are concerned, I am running RHEL - no difference.

Unless you need to ship it back.  ;->

> as far as warranty, they have to warranty what they sell.

Now that gets interesting.  Read your sales contract very well.  They
can force you to go to the hardware manufacturer if you are not under
the terms of it.

> as far as support, they won't offer OS support on OS's that they don't
> support.

They can also make things difficult for you.  I'd rather reward a vendor
that offers support for what I run, no games, no dancing around.

Bryan J. Smith   mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org
http://thebs413.blogspot.com
Some things (or athletes) money can't buy.
For everything else there's "ManningCard."