[CentOS] yum vs. Alert Notification Tool

Mon Dec 5 04:17:46 UTC 2005
Alfred von Campe <alfred at 110.net>

> you need to pick up the 'updates' directory

Ah, that makes sense.  The only reason I looked in the os directory on
the ftp servers was that when I did a "find /my/path/to/centos -name
shadow\*" it was the only directory that contained the shadow-utils
RPM.  I can see that there is a newer version of this RPM in the
mirrors.  So the question becomes, why isn't my rsync picking up this
file?  It's picked up every other file in the updates directory except
for that one.  According to the logs, my rsync ran last night.  Here is
the command I run from cron:

   rsync --archive --delete --partial --progress --stats --verbose \
   --exclude="SRPMS" --exclude="alpha" --exclude="ia64" --exclude="ppc" \
   --exclude="s390*" --exclude="x86_64" --exclude="isos" \
   rsync://rsync.gtlib.gatech.edu/centos/4 /my/path/to/centos

I think I just found the problem.  I need to rsync the 4.2 directory.
I think I made this change a couple of weeks ago (from 4.2 to 4), but I
don't remember why.  I've changed it back to 4.2, and it's rsync'ing a
whole bunch of files now.

Alfred